Backend Engineer - Data Team (m/f/x)
Our engineering organization is remote-first. You can decide whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart or at one of our design offices in Germany.
The data team is in charge of all functionality related with preparing and processing data from various sources and make it available to our system. The responsibilities range from aggregating data, processing it, creating/enhancing search mechanisms, implementing features for comparison against unstructured data and generate statistical insights. We’re running on a modern tech stack using Kotlin. We are looking for people who want to continuously improve, learn and share their knowledge with others.
Projects we worked on recently
- Built the existing free text search engine at SPARETECH.
- Provided key contributions for SPARETECH’s data matching algorithm.
- Setup data visualization tools like Metabase.
- Designed and enhanced key processes for data modelling, aggregation from multiple sources and import of large datasets.
- Analyzed and optimized multiple critical DB operations.
- Improve the data acquisition, processing and storage processes at SPARETECH.
- Refine our data modelling.
- Enhance the existing search mechanisms.
- Generate statistical insights for data-driven decisions.
- Extend and maintain our Sparetech API with a focus on security, reliability and performance.
- Solve product problems and collaborate with a small, cross-functional team of product managers, designers and fellow engineers.
You are a fit for this role if you have
- 2+ years of industry experience building software and infrastructure as an individual contributor
- A basic understanding of core concepts regarding relational databases
- Experience writing and enhancing REST APIs
A plus but not needed
- Experience programming with Kotlin
- Being comfortable building complex software systems, even without Spring (boot)
- Knowledge of non-relational databases (MongoDB)
- Experience in developing search engines with tools such as ElasticSearch
- Have worked with a cloud service-based infrastructure (either AWS, GCP or Azure)
What we can offer you
- A remote-first company, where you can decide every day whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart or at one of our Design Offices in Germany
- A competitive salary with an equity package as well as a permanent full-time contract
- Freely choose the hardware you need to work
- Software licenses for IntelliJ Idea
- An annual training budget that you can invest in training, conferences, or professional coaching
- In Germany: A subsidized job bike to escape city traffic and a QualiTrain gym membership to stay active
- A dynamic start-up atmosphere and an international team in which new ideas, creative approaches, and cooperation at eye level are valued
At SPARETECH, we believe in equal opportunities for every human. No matter where you are from, what you think, what you believe in, what gender you are, or who you love.
SPARETECH is the SaaS platform that enables manufacturing companies to sustainably reduce inventory, costs, and CO2 emissions by purchasing availability guarantees from thousands of suppliers. The web application simplifies the automation of processes from identification to the ordering of machinery and equipment spare parts.
SPARETECH is trusted by renowned global customers and partners and is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany with an international team dispersed around the globe.