Engineering Manager - Data Team (m/f/x)
SPARETECH is the SaaS platform that enables manufacturing companies to digitalize their processes around spare parts. We believe that spare parts can be available at any time without being stored in inventory. Join us to make this shift in the industry reality.
Our engineering organization is remote-first. You can decide whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart or at one of our design offices in Germany.
The data team is in charge of all functionality related with preparing and processing data from various sources and make it available to our system. The responsibilities range from aggregating data, processing it, creating/enhancing search mechanisms, implementing features for comparison against unstructured data and generate statistical insights. We're running on a modern tech stack, using Kotlin. We are looking for people who want to continuously improve, learn and share their knowledge with others.
Projects we worked on recently
- Built the existing free text search engine at SPARETECH.
- Provided key contributions for SPARETECH’s data matching algorithm.
- Setup data visualization tools like Metabase.
- Designed and enhanced key processes for data modelling, aggregation from multiple sources and import of large datasets.
- Added support in our system and data model for multi-language product data.
- Analysed and optimized multiple critical DB operations.
- Manage a team of engineers, providing technical guidance and support to ensure successful project delivery while working closely with the Tech Lead of the domain.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to optimize the engineering team's performance and efficiency.
- Collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders to define project requirements and scope.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Foster a positive team culture that promotes open communication, collaboration, and career development.
- Hire and onboard new engineers, providing mentorship and support to help them succeed in their roles.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide constant feedback to help team members grow and develop in their careers.
You are a fit for this role if you have
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of engineers in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong technical background and experience with software development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and within budget.
- Strong focus on culture and career development, with a passion for mentoring and supporting team members to help them grow and succeed.
A plus but not needed
- Experience working with Shape Up development methodology.
- Experience working with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge about integrations with 3rd-party APIs.
What we can offer you
- A remote-first company, where you can decide every day whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart or at one of our Design Offices in Germany
- A competitive salary with an equity package as well as a permanent full-time contract
- Freely choose the hardware you need to work
- Software licenses for IntelliJ Idea
- An annual training budget that you can invest in training, conferences, or professional coaching
- In Germany: A subsidized job bike to escape city traffic and a Wellpass gym membership to stay active
- A dynamic start-up atmosphere and an international team in which new ideas, creative approaches, and cooperation at eye level are valued
Working at SPARETECH
At SPARETECH, we believe in equal opportunities for every human. No matter where you are from, what you think, what you believe in, what gender you are, or who you love.
SPARETECH is the SaaS platform that enables manufacturing companies to sustainably reduce inventory, costs, and CO2 emissions by purchasing availability guarantees from thousands of suppliers. The web application simplifies the automation of processes from identification to the ordering of machinery and equipment spare parts.
SPARETECH is trusted by renowned global customers and partners and is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany with an international team dispersed around the globe.