Fullstack Engineer - Data Team (m/f/x)
Our engineering organization is remote-first. You can decide whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart or at one of our design offices in Germany.
What it's like to work at SPARETECH
SPARETECH is still a young company with a relative small head count in the engineering department. Every member of the engineering team gets the chance of solving hard problems on a daily basis. We’re very proud of what we have accomplished so far with such a small team and strive to expand our team and product. Since we’re a small team every opinion, every idea and every contribution counts and is greatly valued and acknowledged by the entire company.
We’re focused on building the best product and company possible and deeply appreciate everyone that supports us in this mission. Successes are celebrated company-wide and we praise individual achievements. When things go sideways, your team has your back.
From the engineering perspective industrial spare parts management is a domain that bears a plethora of hard problems left to be solved. As a member of the engineering team your main responsibility is not to maintain existing solutions to some of those problems but to tackle them from first principle.
The data team is in charge of all functionality related with preparing and processing data from various sources and make it available for different features in the system. The responsibilities range from aggregating data, processing it, creating/enhancing search mechanisms, implementing features for comparison against unstructured data and generate statistical insights. We’re running on a modern tech stack where all backends are developed exclusively in Kotlin, deployed to AWS through CI/CD-pipelines controlled through code.
What you will do
- Extend and maintain the API and existing features related with the data acquisition, processing and search functionalities from SPARETECH
- Use an API-first approach to coordinate features between backend and frontend-minded engineers
- Own features & components end-to-end
- Debug production issues across the stack
- Design, build, test, deploy and own your features and improvements
- Collaborate with a small, cross functional team of product managers, designers and fellow engineers
You're a good fit for the role if you
- Have previously worked with REST APIs and relational databases (non-relational is a plus)
- Have a passion for optimizing loading and rending performance while visualizing large, complex data sets
- Nice to have: experience building React-based UIs
What we can offer you
- A remote-first company, where you can decide every day whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart or at one of our Design Offices in Germany
- A competitive salary with an equity package as well as a permanent full-time contract
- Freely choose the hardware you need to work
- Software licenses for IntelliJ Idea
- An annual training budget that you can invest in training, conferences, or professional coaching
- In Germany: A subsidized job bike to escape city traffic and a Wellpass gym membership to stay active
- A dynamic start-up atmosphere and an international team in which new ideas, creative approaches, and cooperation at eye level are valued
At SPARETECH, we believe in equal opportunities for every human. No matter where you are from, what you think, what you believe in, what gender you are, or who you love.
SPARETECH is the SaaS platform that enables manufacturing companies to sustainably reduce inventory, costs, and CO2 emissions by purchasing availability guarantees from thousands of suppliers. The web application simplifies the automation of processes from identification to the ordering of machinery and equipment spare parts.
SPARETECH is trusted by renowned global customers and partners and is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany with an international team dispersed around the globe.