Search Backend Engineer - Data Team (m/f/x)
As an engineering organisation, we prioritise a remote-first approach, providing you with the flexibility to work from the comfort of your home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart, or at one of our conveniently located design offices throughout Germany.
We are seeking talented individuals to join our Matching team, responsible for developing and enhancing all functionalities related to searching our extensive product data. This involves linking and matching unstructured or semi-structured customer data, which in turn provides valuable customer insights. By enriching and deduplicating data, we enable our clients to optimie their master data and inventory management. The Matching team plays a central role in SPARETECH's offerings and is responsible for processing customer spare part lists, providing insights, and building our cutting-edge product data search engine. With a modern tech stack utilizing full Kotlin backend APIs, we foster a collaborative environment that encourages continuous improvement, learning, and knowledge sharing.
Projects we worked on recently
- Development of SPARETECH's existing free text search engine.
- Key contributions to enhancing our data matching algorithm.
- Analysis and optimisation of critical database operations.
- Enhance our data matching algorithms to ensure accurate and efficient matches.
- Improve our search operations to deliver seamless user experiences.
- Strengthen the linkage between customer data and industrial product data, facilitating the generation of valuable insights.
- Collaborate closely with a small, cross-functional team consisting of product managers, designers, and fellow engineers to solve product problems efficiently.
You are a fit for this role if you have
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in software development, working with JVM-based languages such as Java, Scala, or Kotlin.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully delivering high-quality end-to-end software products.
- Proven expertise in developing search engines using tools like ElasticSearch.
- Strong skills in extracting relevant information from text data.
- Solid knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL/MySQL and NoSQL: MongoDB), including schema design, index optimisation, performance troubleshooting, and database optimisation.
- Familiarity with cloud service-based infrastructures, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly in ensuring security, reliability, and performance.
A plus but not needed
- Knowledge of text-mining techniques, including NLP
What we can offer you
- A remote-first company, where you can decide every day whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart or at one of our Design Offices in Germany
- A competitive salary with an equity package as well as a permanent full-time contract
- Freely choose the hardware you need to work
- Software licenses for IntelliJ Idea
- An annual training budget that you can invest in training, conferences, or professional coaching
- In Germany: A subsidized job bike to escape city traffic and a Wellpass gym membership to stay active
- A dynamic start-up atmosphere and an international team in which new ideas, creative approaches, and cooperation at eye level are valued
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about pushing boundaries, continuously improving, and delivering impactful solutions. Join SPARETECH today and be at the forefront of transforming spare parts management.
At SPARETECH, we believe in equal opportunities for every human. No matter where you are from, what you think, what you believe in, what gender you are, or who you love.
SPARETECH is the SaaS platform that enables manufacturing companies to sustainably reduce inventory, costs, and CO2 emissions by purchasing availability guarantees from thousands of suppliers. The web application simplifies the automation of processes from identification to the ordering of machinery and equipment spare parts.
SPARETECH is trusted by renowned global customers and partners and is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany with an international team dispersed around the globe.